Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year. New ________(?)

2008 has already started out with a bang. I found out I am no longer going to Iraq. I am going to a better place. I have a job lined up to occupy my time until I deploy. I started taking a Krav Maga self defense and fighting course... but enough about me.

Perhaps the biggest news, and the most immediate, is that my sister is getting married on Friday. I have no idea what to make of it. She's 19. I've never met the guy. I talked to my sister. I've told her how I felt. I've resigned to the fact that we differ on how we live our lives. Our values. How we see the world. But she has to live her life. Make her choices. And even make her mistakes. I pray that she isn't making the biggest mistake of her life. I wish her the best. I'll be there for her. I'm praying for her and marriage. Is that enough? That's the most effective thing I can do.

By my next blog I'll have a brother-in-law....crazy. Until next time...

Continue in Excellence,
jdmerx

No comments: