Wednesday, March 12, 2008

American as Apple Pie

That's baseball, and it's my game. Y' know, you take your worries to the game, and you leave 'em there. You yell like crazy for your guys. It's good for your lungs, gives you a lift,
and nobody calls the cops. Pretty girls, lots of 'em.

- Humphrey Bogart

I'm not sure if there is any better sporting experience than an afternoon baseball game. I love football, but I don't think an afternoon football game can come close to an afternoon baseball game. Especially when it's an Aggie baseball game.
For those that have never experienced Aggie baseball, you should. It's quite different from any other collegiate game. I was able to see A&M play Centenary College this afternoon. The weather was great. Not too hot. Not too cold. Perfect. There was a time I used to hate baseball. Really despise it. That was before I understood it. Now I love it.
Maybe because teams play so many games that individuals games lose their importance. Maybe because it's the only sport where 30% is considered excellent play. Maybe because it's the best individual team sport. Maybe because it seems so American. It is our national pastime. It seems like the NFL and NBA get more coverage. More glitz. More glamor. The best sports movies are those about baseball. There are more analogies for life dealing with baseball than other sports. Think about it. I didn't always feel this way. But I do now
. Here are some pics I took at today's game...



Until next time....
Continue in Excellence,
jdmerx





No comments: